Whether you are starting a business, or already have one – we want you provide you with the tools and resources you need to succeed!
Below is a list which may benefit both new and existing businesses, with direct links to additional information.
Please contact us at 218-321-2079, or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- West Central Small Business Development Center – a resource for start-up businesses, or existing businesses. Offers FREE consulting, business plan creation assistance, training, and more
- LegalCORPS – volunteer lawyers provide up to 30-minutes of free legal consultation for small business owners
- SCORE – the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors
- Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development – resources include loans, rebates and grants for eligible businesses to purchase real estate, renovate, create jobs, purchase equipment and more.
- MN Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) – allows commercial owners to make energy efficiency improvements; costs are paid for by this program, and business owners pay off the loan through a special property tax assessment
- Otter Tail Power Business Rebates & Energy Assistance Programs
- City of Fergus Falls – tax abatement, tax increment financing and gap financing up to $250,000
- Fergus Falls HRA – financing for remodeling (interior & exterior), ADA improvements, energy efficiency improvements, restoration, facade improvements and more
- West Central Initiative Foundation – offers five different programs, ranging from $1,000 to $300,000 for start-up businesses, existing businesses looking to purchase equipment/expand, child care providers and more
- USDA – loans, grants and resources for agricultural businesses (ie: farming, meat processors, breweries, wineries, etc.)
Workforce Development Financing (employee training):
- MNDEED funding to pay for employee training – includes both new, and existing employees. Programs include funding directly to the business, and funding in partnerships with a local college.
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education – this program reimburses businesses in eligible industries (manufacturing, agriculture, health care, information technology) for sending their employees to any industry-recognized training, up to $6,000 per employee
- M State College – Campuses provide customized training for businesses. Training can be on-site, on campus, mobile units and/or online.
- Online Training (LIVE) – for businesses, manufacturing, workplace safety